Tuesday, July 21, 2015

First Post


My first post. I'm not sure if anyone will ever see this blog. I could just do a journal but blogging works for me somehow. Plus, I can test out ideas here and refine them.

Here are some things I'm thinking about lately:


  • Turning 40! Who do I want to be when I grow up. Dress rehearsal is over and it's time to put my thoughts into action. 
  • Inspirational quotes are really pissing me off lately. They are the opposite of inspiring. Too much facebook, I think.
  • Maybe I should spend less time on facebook.
  • How do you learn self-discipline if you have never had any?
Today I was thinking about dating (which is the worst and if one more person says dating is fun, you get to meet lots of new people....@%$%!!!!!!) and how when you go on a date, people ask, "well, what is he like" or "tell me about him". Of course, the first thing people say is what kind of job you do. But anyway, I was thinking how would I like to be described? It's kind of like thinking of how you would want to be described in your eulogy but less morbid.

Here is how I'd like to be described: 

- Artist
- Baker
- Teacher
- Volunteer
- Small Business Owner
- Entrepreneur
- Blogger
- Writer
- ?

How do I get there? First thing, sign up to be a mentor at Free Arts Minnesota. Second, get serious about selling my art. The teaching thing...I'm not sure. Sign up as a community ed instructor? 

Also, I need to schedule some counseling sessions with Christa. There's no way I'm getting through the next months leading up to 40 without a psychological, mental wellness plan in place!


No comments:

Post a Comment